One crucial step towards a final cryopreserved stem cell product is when cryoprotectant is added to the cells to be frozen. When DMSO is added to a cell suspension it heats up the cells and therefore the process must be temperature controlled. Concessus has produced a device which allows the addition of cryoprotectant at a controlled temperature: the Stemix.
The Stemix features a compact design, is easy to operate, easy to clean and compatible with standard 25ml cryobags.
- Working temperature range: 4 to 50ºC (± 0.1ºC)
- Mixing speed: 0 to 50 rpm (± 1 rpm)
- Timer: 0 to 60 min
- Mixing pads adjustable height: 0 to 5mm
- Compatible with the following bags: Pall 25 ml, CryoSC-S, CryoSC-D
- Interface languages: English, Spanish, French and Portuguese
- Weight: < 6 kg
- Dimensions (LxPxA): 23 x 30 x 20 cm
- Power supply: 12 V, 5 A (included)
Now, the Stemix team has developed a traceability software which allows you to keep a record of the temperature profile during the mixing process. It keeps a log of the user, the process and of any events that might occur during the mixing, generating automatically a PDF file of the process for your record keeping.
We are now shipping the Stemix together with this software for free! Take advantage of this special offer until the end of March 2020.