One crucial step towards a final cryopreserved stem cell product is when cryoprotectant is added to the cells to be frozen. When DMSO is added to a cell suspension it heats up the cells and therefore the process must be temperature controlled. Concessus has produced a device which allows the addition of cryoprotectant at a controlled temperature: the Stemix.
The Stemix features a compact design, is easy to operate, easy to clean and compatible with standard 25ml cryobags.
- Working temperature range: 4 to 50ºC (± 0.1ºC)
- Mixing speed: 0 to 50 rpm (± 1 rpm)
- Timer: 0 to 60 min
- Mixing pads adjustable height: 0 to 5mm
- Compatible with the following bags: Pall 25 ml, CryoSC-S, CryoSC-D
- Interface languages: English, Spanish, French and Portuguese
- Weight: < 6 kg
- Dimensions (LxPxA): 23 x 30 x 20 cm
- Power supply: 12 V, 5 A (included)
Now, the Stemix team has developed a traceability software which allows you to keep a record of the temperature profile during the mixing process. It keeps a log of the user, the process and of any events that might occur during the mixing, generating automatically a PDF file of the process for your record keeping.
We are now shipping the Stemix together with this software for free! Take advantage of this special offer.